We’re nonetheless in Back to Basics January, and this week’s recipe isn’t any exception. Cream cheese pancakes are a low carb and keto breakfast staple, and for good cause! They’re clear and tremendous straightforward to make. I believe each low carb chef has his or her personal model. This is mine, and it’s been a long-term hit with my total fam.
I like this model as a result of the addition of just a bit coconut flour (no almond flour, for my tree-nut averse pals!) and baking powder makes them a hair much less eggy and a bit of extra fluffy. They’re nonetheless fairly flat, like all cream cheese pancakes, however they’re gentle and tremendous tasty. They additionally retailer effectively within the fridge or freezer, so you can also make an enormous batch forward of time and take out what you want.
This can be an important go-to recipe when little keto cooks-in-training wish to assist out. The final batch I made, I allowed my nine-year-old daughter to assist me add all the things to the blender, then as soon as it was well-combined I confirmed her how a lot batter per pancake, what to search for and learn how to flip, and he or she’s was off! She cooked all however that first pancake by herself, and each of my children had been excited on the novelty of consuming one thing she made.
- 1 brick (8 oz/ 227 g) cream cheese, softened
- 8 giant eggs
- 2 stage tbsp coconut flour
- 1 stage tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp floor cinnamon
- 10 drops vanilla liquid stevia
- Combine all substances within the cup for an immersion blender, or in a blender or meals processor.
- Blend completely, till it’s completely liquidifed and bubbly.
- Let stand when you warmth your skillet or griddle.
- Once your skillet or griddle is effectively heated over medium, flippantly grease with butter or coconut oil spray.
- Add about 3 tbsp batter per every pancake and prepare dinner over medium for a number of minutes, till the pancake is usually cooked by way of and the bubbles that type on the floor of the cooking pancake are popping.
- With a large spatula, wiggle beneath every pancake many of the means, then flip in a single clean movement.
- Continue cooking over medium till the second facet is golden brown, then take away to plates to chill.
- Repeat with remaining batter till you might have a superb 16 pancakes.
- Serve heat with butter and/or keto pleasant syrup and revel in!
Per 2 pancakes: 187 cal, 8.3 g protein, 15.3 g fats, 3.8 g carbs, 0.7 g fiber, 3.1 g NET carbs
Keywords: Pancakes, cream cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, breakfast, straightforward, fundamentals