I noticed an advert just lately for one thing that piqued my curiosity: pecan butter that was spiked with pumpkin pie spices. As an excellent lover of pecans, it sounded scrumptious. One take a look at the elements panel, although, and all hope was dashed… or was it.
Nut butters aren’t notably tough to make; it’s a matter of working them within the meals processor lengthy sufficient for the nut itself to interrupt down, give off a bunch of its oil, after which emulsify right into a paste. So, that’s what I did: Toasted up some pecans, threw in keto-friendly sweetener and pumpkin pie spice, and voilà! Pumpkin Spiced Toasted Pecan butter, sans sugar and the outrageous price ticket plus delivery. This low-carb and keto-friendly recipe is really easy to organize, great on toasted minute bread (or proper off the spoon!), and would make an excellent home made vacation present.
Notes: Nuts are inclined to go rancid shortly because of their excessive fats content material, so I retailer them within the freezer to extend their shelf life. If you do, too (and also you most likely ought to), make sure that to let your nuts stand out lengthy sufficient to come back to room temperature earlier than toasting them.
I used Allulose right here (the Hoosier Hill Farms model), as a result of different pleasant sweeteners are inclined to get the crunchies when chilled. Eating recrystallized sweetener in your creamy nut butter isn’t tremendous fascinating, in my view, however in the event you don’t like Allulose, be at liberty to swap it out in your favourite sweetener. If your sweetener is available in a big crystal kind, I like to recommend powdering it first.
If you will have completely different nut preferences, like walnuts, be at liberty to make use of this identical straightforward methodology to make your individual easy nut butter creations.
- 1/2 lb (8 oz/227 g) pecan halves, uncooked and room temperature
- 3 tbsp Allulose sweetener
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (Spice Islands is the perfect!)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- heavy pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread the pecans out in a single layer, and bake at 350°F for 5-7 minutes, or till simply toasted (barely browned and aromatic). Watch them intently, as nuts burn very simply.
- Remove the pecans from the oven and let stand to chill barely, about 5 minutes.
- In a meals processor, mix toasted pecans, allulose, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt.
- Run the meals processor for a couple of minutes, till the nuts start breaking down, then flip it off and scrape down the perimeters.
- Run the meals processor once more, stopping sometimes to scrape down the perimeters, till the combination is clean and creamy.
- Once the nut butter is as creamy as desired, switch the combination to a glass mason jar (a half-pint measurement ought to do), and let stand to chill utterly.
- When the nut butter is room temperature, put the lid on tight and retailer within the fridge till prepared to make use of. This ought to hold for a superb month or so, at minimal. If the pecan butter separates over time, that’s okay. Natural nut butters do this. Just give it a superb stir to recombine earlier than serving.
Per 1 tbsp: 99 cal, 1.3 g protein, 10.2 g fats, 4.4 g carbohydrate, 1.4 g fiber, 2.3 g Allulose, 0.7 g NET carbs
Keywords: Pumpkin spice, pecan butter, toasted pecan, nut butter, vacation, seasonal