I really got here up with this fast bread recipe a few years again, however for one purpose or one other I by no means bought round to posting it. That has now been rectified!
Many because of my bestie, Linda McFarland, for check-working this one for me (a number of occasions!). This scrumptious loaf-type cake is tremendous moist and spiced with all of the issues that make the vacations great, then topped off with a easy however creamy maple cream cheese icing. Served up with a reasonably dusting of floor cinnamon, the Iced Holiday Spice Loaf will make a scrumptious addition to your vacation desk.
This recipe was formulated utilizing quantity measurements, thus that’s the way it’s written.
For the loaf (dry):
- 2 cups tremendous-fantastic almond flour (I exploit King Arthur model)
- 1/2 cup, packed, brown sweetener (I exploit Swerve Brown)
- 2 scoops (20 g) plain, unflavored collagen peptides (I exploit Vital Proteins)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp floor cinnamon
- 1 tsp floor nutmeg
- 1 tsp floor ginger
- 1/2 tsp floor allspice
- 1/4 tsp floor cloves
- 1/4 tsp fantastic sea salt
For the loaf (moist):
- 1 stick (4 oz/113 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz/118 ml) heavy cream
- 4 massive eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 drops vanilla flavored liquid stevia (I exploit Sweetleaf)
For the icing:
- 1/2 brick (4 oz/113 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp powdered sweetener (I exploit Swerve Confectioner’s), sifted to take away any clumps
- 5 drops vanilla flavored liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp maple extract (it’s possible you’ll change with extra vanilla if desired)
- pinch fantastic sea salt
- extra cinnamon, to garnish, if desired
To make the loaf:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and put together a 9” x 5” loaf pan by lining it with parchment, leaving some hanging over the perimeters for straightforward elimination.
- Sift collectively all dry components and put aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk collectively all moist components till properly mixed.
- Add half the dry ingredient combination to the moist components and gently fold along with a rubber or silicone spatula till simply mixed. Repeat with the second half of the dry components and fold once more till simply mixed. Do not over-combine.
- Pour the batter into the ready loaf pan and gently shake the pan to distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, till cake is about and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clear.
- Remove from the oven and let stand within the loaf pan 10 minutes to chill.
- Gently take away from the loaf pan with the parchment and let stand on a cooling rack till fully cool.
Make the icing:
- In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese on medium till gentle and fluffy.
- Add the liquid stevia, sea salt, and vanilla and maple extracts and cream once more to mix.
- Beat in powdered sweetener, a tbsp at a time, till properly mixed.
To end the loaf:
- Spread the icing evenly excessive of the loaf.
- Dust the highest with floor cinnamon to garnish, if desired.
- Let chill within the fridge (to set the icing) 2 hours, or till able to serve.
- Slice and serve, as desired, and revel in!
- Stores as much as every week in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Per slice (1/15 of the cake): 224 cal, 6.8 g protein, 20.6 g fats, 15.2 g carbs, 1.9 g fiber, 10.6 g sugar alcohols, 2.7 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/15 of the cake)
Keywords: spice cake, cream cheese frosting, dessert, vacation, Thanksgiving, Christmas