How to Make Honey Nut Dessert Trail Mix
Follow the steps under and you’ll be able to have your individual combine able to go in lower than 25 minutes:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 300℉. While the oven is heating up, line your baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Prepare the nut combination. Add the uncooked walnuts, uncooked cashew nuts, honey, and coconut oil to a big bowl and combine to mix.
- Bake the nut combination. Spread the nut combination in a single layer on the ready baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, stirring sometimes, till the nuts are toasted.
- Add the coconut chips. Remove from the oven and stir within the unsweetened coconut chips.
- Bake for a further 7 minutes.
- Let the path combine cool. Remove the path combine from the oven and permit to chill fully.
- Finish it off. Stir within the unsweetened banana chips and unsweetened dried blueberries and cranberries.
- Store. Store the path combine till you’re able to serve.
4 Reasons Why Trail Mix is Such a Good Healthy Snack
Here are 4 the reason why this honey nut dessert path combine makes such an important paleo snacking selection:
- Great supply of protein and coronary heart wholesome dietary fat.
- Excellent supply of dietary fiber, which promotes emotions of satiety.
- Provides an excellent mixture of important nutritional vitamins and minerals.
- Rich in disease-fighting antioxidants and different anti-inflammatory compounds.
How Long Does This Dessert Trail Mix Stay Good For?
This honey nut dessert path combine will preserve for as much as 6 months with correct storage. Without correct storage, path combine can flip rancid pretty rapidly due to the uncooked nuts. This is why it’s essential to portion out your path combine earlier than it’s saved correctly to keep away from the entire batch going unhealthy, if in any respect.
See under for recommendations on the easiest way to retailer your path combine.
Best Way to Store Trail Mix
The greatest solution to retailer this honey nut dessert path combine (and every other path combine recipe) is to maintain it in both a sealed ziplock bag or an hermetic container. I like to make use of small plastic containers and even simply plastic baggage which are good for only one serving at a time.
Afterwards, preserve the path combine in a cool dry place.
Can I Add or Remove Anything in This Trail Mix Recipe? (+Our Top 5 Additions)
The wonderful thing about path combine recipes like this one is that they’re extremely straightforward to customise by mixing and matching varied substances. If you need to add any additions to this explicit recipe, listed here are a number of of our high paleo authorized suggestions:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Dark chocolate chips (paleo chocolate)
- Granulated paleo sweetener
(You may like: 3-Nut Honey Roasted Nut Mix)