Enchiladas have been an affordable staple in my pre-keto days. They have been fast, simple to assemble, and tremendous tacky and scrumptious; all issues that helped maintain my week night time mother life pretty easy.
In addition to the truth that tortillas are simply out, enchilada sauce itself it normally made with sugar and/or starch of some sort, which solely compounds the opposite enchilada points. A tomato base goes to be a bit of carb-heavy by advantage of its tomatoey nature, so including in all these different elements makes this perennial favourite a no-go.
So, I made a decision to concoct my very own sauce, and use it along side some shredded, seasoned hen, cheese, and egg skinny wraps to re-create my previous week night time standby (as proven above). One batch makes sufficient for a pretty big pan of your most popular model of enchiladas, however you might simply make it in bulk and refrigerate leftovers in a mason jar till you’re prepared for extra.
- 1 small can (8 fl oz/227 g) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/237 ml) beef broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp floor cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp floor black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine all elements in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium till it involves a simmer.
- Reduce warmth to low and simmer for quarter-hour, stirring often, to cut back and thicken.
- Remove from warmth and funky to room temperature.
- Use instantly, as desired, or retailer in an hermetic jar within the fridge till prepared to make use of. The acid from the tomato and the salt content material ought to assist it maintain within the fridge for a couple of weeks.
Per each 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/30 ml): 13 cal, 1.3 g protein, 0.2 g fats, 2.1 g carbs, 0.6 g fiber, 1.4 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/30 ml)
Keywords: Enchilada sauce, Tex-mex, enchiladas, simple, week night time, fast, child-pleasant