How to Make the Honey Walnut Shrimp Sauce
I like to begin out by making the home made candy sauce. You can rapidly whip it up after which hold it saved within the fridge till you’re prepared to make use of it.
- Combine the elements. Add the paleo authorised mayonnaise, honey, contemporary lemon juice, and (optionally) cayenne pepper to a bowl and blend to mix.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the sauce till prepared to make use of.
How to Make Candied Honey Walnuts
Once the sauce is within the fridge, you may preheat your oven and switch your consideration to the candied walnuts:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 320℉.
- Roast the walnuts. Add the walnuts to a baking pan and roast for roughly 8-10 minutes. Make positive to not burn them as this can lead to a bitter sauce. Set apart as soon as performed.
- Boil the water and honey. Add water and honey to a small saucepan and warmth over medium excessive warmth. Bring to a boil.
- Cook. Cook the combination, stirring always, till the liquid has largely evaporated.
- Add the walnuts. Stir the roasted walnuts into the honey combination.
- Set apart. Arrange the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put aside.
How to Prep the Shrimp for Cooking
Keep the next ideas in thoughts whenever you’re prepping the shrimp to make this recipe:
- Check for freshness. The very first thing you’ll wish to do is test to be sure that the shrimp are contemporary. Avoid cooking with shrimp that give off an ammonia-like odor or which might be already partly orange in some components.
- Rinse the shrimp in contemporary chilly water.
- Remove the shell. Gently pull the legs and shell off the shrimp. You may take away the tail if you need.
- Remove the vein. Make a shallow reduce on the again of the shrimp and use a small knife or a toothpick to tug out the vein.
- Keep shrimp in ice water. After prepping, hold your ready shrimp in a bowl of ice water till you’re able to cook dinner them.
How to Make Honey Walnut Shrimp
Lastly, you’ll be placing all of it along with the shrimp till it’s properly glazed with the egg combination:
- Whisk collectively the egg and tapioca starch. Whisk the egg white in a shallow dish then add the tapioca starch. Keep mixing till the combination is easy with none clumps. This is the key to that outer coating on the shrimp.
- Preheat the cooking skillet. Add ¼ cup of olive oil to a big non-stick skillet and warmth over medium excessive warmth.
- Toss the contemporary shrimp within the egg white combination.
- Cook the shrimp. Cook the shrimp in batches at 2 minutes per aspect.
- Finish it off. Add the cooked shrimp, candied walnuts, and the ready candy sauce to a big bowl and toss to mix.
- (Optional) Garnish. Sprinkle with sliced inexperienced onion and sesame seeds if utilizing.
- Serve. Serve with cauliflower rice (click on right here for particulars on the way to make home made cauliflower rice).
Can I Use Frozen Shrimp for This Recipe?
In the occasion that you would be able to’t get your palms on contemporary shrimp, it’s completely wonderful to make use of frozen shrimp as a alternative.
If you’re utilizing frozen shrimp, prepping them can be barely totally different from the directions outlined above. I might thaw the frozen shrimp out first till they’re virtually utterly thawed however nonetheless loads chilled.
Or to save lots of on a lot of prep time, you may merely use frozen shrimp that’s already been peeled and deveined.
(You might also like: Sheet Pan Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles)