How to Make Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
It solely takes 10 minutes to arrange a scrumptious and nourishing shaved Brussels sprouts salad with this simple to comply with recipe:
- Prepare the Brussels sprout salad. Add the shaved Brussels sprouts, dried unsweetened cranberries, and chopped pecans to a big bowl and toss to mix. Make positive to make use of contemporary Brussels sprouts for this, not frozen ones.
- Prepare the French dressing. Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard to a small bowl and blend effectively to mix.
- Toss the salad. Combine the Brussels sprouts, cranberries and pecans with the French dressing and toss completely. Make positive every bit is coated with some French dressing.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to style.
- Serve. Serve instantly.
How to Shave Brussels Sprouts
Never shaved your Brussels sprouts earlier than? It’s really fairly simple when you get the hold of it. Here’s how I do it:
- Remove the basis of every sprout. Cut off the basis finish of every of your Brussels sprouts and discard.
- Remove outer leaves. Gently pull off any outer leaves which can be free or that appear like they could be rotten.
- Shave the sprouts. Use a pointy knife to chop your shavings. I like to begin on the root finish and work my method alongside, making additional nice shavings as I am going.
Can I Make This Brussels Sprout Salad Ahead?
You can certainly make this salad recipe forward of time, however I wouldn’t advocate holding it for greater than a day or two. Brussels sprouts are sometimes finest saved entire till you’re prepared to make use of them, in any other case they’ll begin to wilt.
As lengthy as you retain your salad sealed tightly inside an hermetic container, it ought to maintain for 1-2 days simply nice within the fridge.
What Else Can I Add To Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad?
If you’re on the lookout for solutions for tasty additions to make to this salad recipe, attempt a few of these additions:
- Sunflower seeds
- Chopped apples
- Organic maple syrup
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Crumbled white cheese
- Slivered almonds
- Sliced grapes
(You might also like: Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts)